[mythtv-users] Nvidia ION frontend

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 15:03:35 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello again, I just install XFCE this way:
>
> apt-get install lightdm xserver-xorg-core xorg alsa alsa-base
> alsa-utils xfce4 xfce4-mixer
>
> I install latest Nvidia drivers: 304.51
>
> This is my xorg config:
>
> # nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
> # nvidia-xconfig:  version 304.51
> (buildmeister at swio-display-x86-rhel47-08.nvidia.com)  Tue Sep 18
> 18:26:36 PDT 2012
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>     Identifier     "Layout0"
>     Screen      0  "Screen0"
>     InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
>     InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Files"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>     # generated from default
>     Identifier     "Mouse0"
>     Driver         "mouse"
>     Option         "Protocol" "auto"
>     Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
>     Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
>     Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>     # generated from default
>     Identifier     "Keyboard0"
>     Driver         "kbd"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
>     Identifier     "Monitor0"
>     VendorName     "Unknown"
>     ModelName      "Unknown"
>     HorizSync       28.0 - 33.0
>     VertRefresh     43.0 - 72.0
>     Option         "DPMS"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier     "Device0"
>     Driver         "nvidia"
>     VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>     Identifier     "Screen0"
>     Device         "Device0"
>     Monitor        "Monitor0"
>     DefaultDepth    24
>     SubSection     "Display"
>         Depth       24
>     EndSubSection
> EndSection
>
> Need I any extra configuration? Of course, I select VDPAU on the
> playback profile and OpenGL on the Appearance Setup section.
>
> Thanks and best regards.
>
> --
> Josu Lazkano

I don't intend to stop people from doing configuration or optimization, but
what does the above get you.  This could completely be my ignorance, so
please let me know.  My xorg.conf is stock after a Mythbuntu install (see
below).  I have had zero problems for years.  I would love to know if there
are optimizations I am missing out on.  Thanks in advance.

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        DefaultDepth    24
EndSection