[mythtv-users] mythtranscode --mpeg2 lossless transcode broken in .26 - ticket #11090

Kevon mythtv at reidsresidence.com
Fri Oct 5 17:30:18 UTC 2012

Any chance one of the dev could pick up ticket #11090? All my transcode
jobs are failing since the upgrade with the same error.

For those using --fifodir, is closed caption preserved in the vidout
file or will I have to rip the cc with a separate pass of the video
source? Do you run into sync issues when merging the streams? The last
time I tried --fifodir, most of my videos had sync issues. I am not sure
if it was mythtranscode or mkvmerge. I didn't really investigate since
--mpeg2 worked flawlessly and produce a single target file, which IMO is
simpler to work with.

All my recording are OTA HD from HDHR. I would like to retain all the
original specs, including cc. I typically use x264 for video
compression, with the original audio source and cc converted to subtitle.

Any help or suggestions for a workaround would be appreciated.