[mythtv-users] OTA and attic antenna

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Oct 5 20:45:58 UTC 2012

On 10/05/2012 10:33 AM, Tyler T wrote:
>> my next approach is to
>> run cat5 up there and put the HDHR in the attic too.
>
> Make sure your attic is adequately vented. If your insulation is
> covering your soffit vents, for example, it can exceed 140°F up there
> in the summer which the HDHR might not like.

And it can be near that even in cooler weather. Two weeks ago I moved
the small antenna from my attic. It was about 55 degrees F outside and
probably well over 100 F in the attic. Luckily, I could reach everything
while standing on a ladder under the access hatch, so I did not have to
put on the full tyvek coveralls I usually have to put on to protect
myself from the glassfiber. But it was HOT up there.

If you do put the hdhr there, put it near or just under/beside a vent or
it will not last long.
G.