[mythtv-users] HVR-2200 or HVR-1900?

Roald roalda at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 12:29:28 UTC 2012

Hi list,

my old capture cards (PVR-x50) seem to be broken, and I am considering
buying new cards.

I live in Norway, and am using analog cable from Get, so i need
PAL-support. Am also considering moving to Riksnett to get DVB-T in
the future, since Get only seems to provide set-top boxes with HDMI
output.

Anyway, it seems my only choices are the Hauppauge HVR-2200 or the
HVR-1900. These also have DVB-T, but that is not a requirement for me.

The 2200 seems a better choice as it seems to have two analog tuners
and DVB-T. However it also seems that PAL does not work on it? There
are mixed reports, most of them a year or more old. Is this still the
case?

The 1900 is an USB-device, but it seems to have multiple
model-numbers. Does anybody know if any of these models are not
usable?

Or if anyone knows of other tuners that works fine grabbing from
analog, give me a hint. It seems there are not too many models to
choose from.

--
Regards Roald Amundsen