[mythtv-users] 0.26 upgrade "no database selected"

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 14:48:19 UTC 2012

On Oct 6, 2012 3:44 PM, "Dave Brown" <davebrown099 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Dave Brown <davebrown099 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> mythtv-users mailing list
>>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>>

>> Im another one bitten by this.
>> Ive now got ubuntu to do the apt-get dist-upgrade but what format do i
use for /etc/mythtv/config.xml and password to fool myth as I still cant
get myth-setup to run.

> Ok it kind of works now on the combined FE/BE but I have to use 127.0.0.1
in mythtv-setup and in the frontend configuration.  If I use the machines
ip address it wont connect to the backend.  This is what I would prefer as
I have a remote frontend in another room.

You need a mysql user with a host of the BE IP address, with full
permissions on the mythconverg database. Easy to do with php. I also posted
a command earlier in this thread. On my phone atm so can't see exactly
when.

Cheers

Martin