[mythtv-users] v0.26-rc2-43-g8611c6e - mythweb not working

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 05:58:19 UTC 2012

-----Original message-----
From:Andrew <mythtv at heathsworld.com>
Sent:Sun 07-10-2012 06:49
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] v0.26-rc2-43-g8611c6e - mythweb not working
To:Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>;

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 7:43 AM, Martin Moores <moores.martin at gmail.com <mailto:moores.martin at gmail.com> > wrote:

On 6 October 2012 13:21, Dave Pearson <lists at the-pearsons.co.uk <mailto:lists at the-pearsons.co.uk> > wrote:

I'm having pretty much the same problem, but unfortunately for me, apt-get remove --purge mythweb adn reinstalling doesn't work for me. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Regards,

Dave.

Dave,

I had this issue when moving to 0.26.  In Synaptic, I did a complete removal of php (all components), apache2 (all components), phpmyadmin and mythweb.  I then re-installed phpmyadmin and mythweb, which also pulled in php and apache2.

I then edited /etc/apache2/sites-available/mythweb.conf to include database name and credentials.  This fixed mythweb for me

Cheers

Martin

 I just manually added my credentials without reinstalling anything, restarted apache2 and it worked for me.  Config snafu in this upgrade for sure!
  # Use the following environment settings to tell MythWeb where you want it to

        # look to connect to the database, the name of the database to connect to, and
        # the authentication info to use to connect.  The defaults will usually work
        # fine unless you've changed mythtv's mysql.txt file, or are running MythWeb on

        # a different server from your main backend.  Make sure you have mod_env enabled.
        #
            setenv db_server        "localhost"
            setenv db_name          "mythconverg"

            setenv db_login         "mythtv"
            setenv db_password      "mythconverg"
 Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I had thought of that, but was changing the details in the /var/www/mythweb/mythweb.conf.apache file, not expecting there to be another file in the apache2 configuration folders /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mthweb.conf. I'm sure in previous versions of mythweb that these files were linked (although I could be wrong on that).

Anyway, the problem is now resolved, although not without me blowing away my Joomla website :-(

Regards,

Dave.