[mythtv-users] 0.26 upgrade "no database selected"

Andrew mythtv at heathsworld.com
Sun Oct 7 07:22:43 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 1:00 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Andrew <mythtv at heathsworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thomas,
> >
> > I just came back to this and saw the posts about the config.xml not being
> > upgraded.  I went into that config and noticed it didn't copy my current
> > settings there and the L:/P: was mythtv/mythtv when it should have been
> > mythtv/mythconverg.  It's been mythtv/mythconverg as long as I can
> remember
> > for the default install so I just edited the config.xml back to my
> settings
> > and it worked.
> >
> > The only problem I have now is that I had to change my host setting to
> > 127.0.0.1 from the age old 192.168.0.1 setting i've had to connect to the
> > DB.
>

> There is a recent bug in mythtv-database in that when it is updated it
> resets mysql to listen only on localhost.
>
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database
>
> should fix that for you.

That put me in an infinite loop and didn't seem to have access to update
even though i used sudo.  Thus I manually
edited /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf and changed bind-address from 127.0.0.1
to:

[mysqld]
bind-address=192.168.0.1
max_connections=100

Here it's important that everyone knows that setting the bind address here:
/etc/mysql/my.cnf will not work.  It has to be
in /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf.

Andrew