[mythtv-users] MythTV Android Frontend settings

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 19:10:31 UTC 2012

On 10/07/2012 01:55 PM, Magnus Larsson wrote:
> Thanks! Actually, I do not start the mythbackend manually, Ubuntu service does that.
 > I understand that I CAN start it manually, but if I now want to change the paramters
 > for the autmatic start in Ubuntu.... where do I do that?.

1st, I was corrected, --noupnp is OK, at least I watched a few seconds
of a video without it. But -v upnp is required to get the Services API
logging.

You probably have a file in /etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf that is used by upstart
to fire up the backend. Note, init, not init.d.

It probably references a file in /etc/default/mythtv-backend and in there
you can put a line like:

   EXTRA_ARGS="--verbose general,upnp --other_arguments_if_you_like"

You can comment out any existing lines with a leading #, then restart the backend.

--
Bill