[mythtv-users] mythexport or nuvexport

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 19:15:32 UTC 2012

On 5 October 2012 09:46, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:

> On 04/10/2012 23:18, Martin Moores wrote:
>
>> Running that line "/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004"
>> --starttime "20120429205500" --title "Homeland" --subtitle "The Vest"
>> --outdir /media/media/Videos/Other/**Transcoded --passthrough" in the
>> terminal, I get:
>>
>> "Failed to derive fifo formats"
>>
>> Which I can see in the script, but not entirely sure what it means.  The
>> script has ran successfully on one of the Homeland recordings before,
>> when I was testing it out, so don't think the source video is bad.
>>

> The script runs mythtranscode twice, the first time with the --fifoinfo
> flag just to get a report of the recording's details, such as width
> height etc. That error message above says that doing so failed. I'd
> guess mythtranscode was crashing or stopping with an error. The
> script should produce a log in /var/log/mytharXXXXXX. Do you have
> any such files?
>

> Cheers,
>         Paul.
>
> Thanks Paul,

The log file just shows the same error message.  Although I did notice the
following line in the terminal when running the command:

/var/log/mythtv/mythar2012-10-07-20:14:09.log: Permission denied

Removing the log file and then re-running the script makes no difference,
log file appears again with the same error line, odd.

I came to the conclusion that this message also appears when the script is
given a non-existant program to work on.  Giving "--starttime" a junk value
returns the same error message.

So I looked into the possibility that the recording did not exist in the
database.  The filename in /var/lib/mythtv/recordings matches what is going
into the script:

1004_20120429205500.mpg

But in the database, the start time is listed as:

2012-04-29 19:55:00

Which I imagine is due to the UTC time conversion in 0.26 and me being in
the UK, with daylight savings etc

Trying the same recording, but with mythtranscode, I get:

mythtranscode --chanid "1004" --starttime 20120429205500 --honorcutlist -m
-v -o /media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded/new.mpg

"Couldn't find recording for chanid 1004 @ 2012-04-29T20:55:00Z"

Which backs this up.

I don't know the workings of mythtranscode etc, but should it not convert
accordingly to get the correct time for the recording start?

Paul, I realise this may now be beyond your script and more of a general
mythtv issue

Any thought's anyone?

Cheers

Martin