[mythtv-users] Quiet cheap frontend for 1080p

Teruel deCampo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Mon Oct 8 12:18:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 10:32 +0100, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Standard practice is to place all your home kit on a private network
> (192.168.x.x) and hide it behind a good firewall box. If you do this
> then you
> can assign whatever IPs you like to your myth boxes and they will be
> immune to
> any changes your ISP makes. Not to mention protecting them from all
> the Internet
> nasties.

Mike,

Yes this is what I do and the backend has a second fix IP assigned by me
(192.160.0.64) that is the one pointed by any of the frontends. What I
was telling Chris is even with that setup, mythmote still can not
connect under myth 0.25 (It was OK under myth 0.24).
Thanks Mike anyway, sometimes obvious things for many are not as obvious
for others and this comments are very helpful.

-=terry=-