[mythtv-users] Windows frontend crash trying to play recordings

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 8 16:37:02 UTC 2012

I have an Ubuntu 12.04 backend running mythtv 0.25 and frontends on
other Ubuntu 12.04 systems, all working fine.
I downloaded the 32-bit windows build from
sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvwindows/ and installed on a laptop
running windows 7, 32 bit.
It connects to the backend with no problems and I can see the list of
recordings. However as soon as I try to play anything the frontend
crashes and shuts down.
See problem report below. Any ideas on what I can do to get around this?
I have tried some different video settings, but I think the problem is
with decoding the recording. The recordings are all mpg files from
digital TV, DVB and Firewire.

Peter

Source
mythfrontend.exe

Summary
Stopped working

Date
?10/?8/?2012 11:12 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Products\mythtv\bin\mythfrontend.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    mythfrontend.exe
Application Version:    0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp:    5071c2dd
Fault Module Name:    libmythavformat-52.dll
Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    5071c2dd
Exception Code:    c000001d
Exception Offset:    000aa852
OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    0a9e
Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3:    0a9e
Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    3193399466