[mythtv-users] MythTV Android Frontend is now available in the Google Play Market

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 01:44:30 UTC 2012

I am having trouble streaming video with this app.  I'm on myth 0.25.2 and
Android 2.3.4.

I can navigate to my recordings and see the list.  Once I select the
recording, it takes maybe 20 seconds to prompt me for the app to use, at
which point I select MX Player.  Then it takes another couple of seconds
and I see the first 1/2 second of the recording.  Then it stops and the
screen goes white.   When I check the backend I see a transcode job still
running, using 245% of a quad core cpu.  If I wait awhile, then I am again
prompted for the app to launch for the recording.  Eventually, it fails,
and the transcode job is removed from the backend.