[mythtv-users] Announcement: Looking for Alpha testers for a generic Lossless cut solution

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Tue Oct 9 11:17:53 UTC 2012

Scott harris,
     Even though it looks like you have a similar issue as Michael
described I can see that your subtitle tracks are identified differently
in the recorded video. It would really help me if you could create a
sample and upload it as described here in the wiki:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Lossless_Cut#Bug_Reporting

A command like the one below would likely give me what I need. It would
be optimum if the video sample included the display of subtitles:

ll_report -f "/path to the problem/recordedfile.mpg" -B

The variation in subtitle track identification, variances between
recording devices and which country you are recording from will likely
be the bane of my existence until I get enough samples to sort out some
generic patterns or create a user configuration option.

As for the MythTV FE userjob just staying in the Queue I am unsure at
this point. No matter what, all Lossless Cut jobs must run physically on
the server where the recording file resides. At least until I sort out
the issue you have running from the command line I can say no more on
that topic.

Thanks

Doug