[mythtv-users] MythTV Android Frontend is now available in the Google Play Market

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Oct 10 15:12:08 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> These are really great ideas. Some we have thought of, but a bunch we
> haven't.  Could you do me a favor and put them into enhancement requests on
> our issues page on github:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV-Clients/MythTV-Android-Frontend/issues

I already created a few bug reports the other day, but I'll add the
enhancements once I get a chance.

I'm having another issue right now with the client. It seems like it
has cached a copy of the recording list, and I can't force it to
refresh. The list I'm seeing right now is from when I was playing with
it at home over the weekend. I'm now away from home and accessing the
system remotely. I can do everything else just fine. I can stream
shows. I can look at the recording rules and see a new rule that I
just added last night. So I know it's getting to the server to get
live data. However, the recording list is all data from
Saturday/Sunday.

For instance, my system has 2 new episodes of The Colbert Report that
were taped this Mon/Tue, but the only episode I'm seeing in the list
is the one from last week. If I use my web browser to go to port 6544
and use the HTTP Live Streaming example, in there it shows me all 3
episodes of Colbert.

Another issue is when I go try to look at The Daily Show, there are no
episodes listed...it just says "Please try again later". I saw that
message before at home, but eventually it would go away if I tried
again a few minutes later. But now it's been there for 30 minutes or
so.

Any idea whats up with either of these?

--
Ron Frazier