[mythtv-users] HVR-1900 and recording

Roald roalda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 19:51:55 UTC 2012

Hi list, I have installed a Hauppauge HVR-1900 in my MythTV-server.

I can use Watch TV, and all channels will work. However all scheduled
recordings will be black (all black, but they will play and be the
right length in minutes). If I press R when watching TV the recording
will be fine. It seems only the scheduled recordings turn out black.

Can anybody give me a tip on what's happening?

When adding it I deleted all capture cards, and added it as a MPEG-2
encoder card, /dev/video0, which it detected as a WinTV HVR-1900 model
73xxx [pvrusb2]. I left VBI device blank and tuning timeout to
12000ms.

The only error I can find is about the vbi-device
2012-10-10 21:18:02.769449 E [1915/8512] RecThread v4lrecorder.cpp:143
(OpenVBIDevice) - V4LRec(5:/dev/video0): Can't open vbi device: ''
which is fair enough since I left that empty.

Version is
MythTV Version : v0.25.2
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120506-1
QT Version : 4.7.2
Options compiled in:
 linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss
using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus
using_v4l2 using_v4l1 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

--
Roald Amundsen