[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Wed Oct 10 20:21:40 UTC 2012

>    I have built multiple mythbuntu installs over the past week and for

>> BTW,  your not the first to have this problem:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/528644
>>
>> Unfortunately I don't see any resolution.

> I start mythtv-setup logged in to mythbuntu as myself and just click on
> applications>system>mythtv backend setup

Hmm... safe to assume that your user account is a member of the mythtv
group?

You might check the permissions of any myth* files in /tmp

You might double check your system time and date, as well as time zone...
you wouldn't believe the number of weird issues that are caused by time.

You can post more verbose logs for mythtv-setup... "mythtv-setup --loglevel
debug --logpath /tmp"... though there is not too much more there.

Finally... are you sure it's even failing.  My system goes to 50% then
disappears too... but then I can choose my lineup in the box below.  Are
you sure it's not pulling your lineup just fine?