[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Oct 11 23:55:38 UTC 2012

>   I am sure it isn't pulling the lineup because there is nothing to select

>>> in his previous post in this thread he pointed out (or at list this is
>>> what I think he was saying) that you do not have any channels
>>> configured in your schedules direct lineup...ie: your lineup is empty,
>>> so there is nothing to download. I'm not sure that makes sense,
>>> because even if the lineup were empty I'd expect it to at least show
>>> up in the list of possible lineups, but I believe you said that box
>>> was empty.
>>>

>> What I tried to say in my other response was that it seemed that even
>> though the GUI didn't show any lineups, one was set in your Video Source:
>>

>> 2012-10-10 13:02:34.624980 I [2853/2853] CoreContext filldata.cpp:600
>> (Run) - Updating source #1 (cox) with grabber schedulesdirect1
>> 2012-10-10 13:02:34.625235 I [2853/2853] CoreContext filldata.cpp:620
>> (Run) - No channels are configured to use grabber.
>>
>> However, it's possible that "cox" in that message is actually the Video
>> Source name and not the SD lineup name.
>>
>> For now, please try setting the grabber to "No grabber".  Then, exit
>> mythtv-setup and re-enter mythtv-setup.  From there, how I would proceed
>> depends on what type of capture device you're using, so I'll need to know
>> what you're trying to configure.  (In the meantime, you can see if just
>> changing it to "No grabber" and exiting, then going back in jars it into
>> working.  Also, you may want to try the "reset all Video
>> Source/Channel/Capture Card" approach described at
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.**com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#**264034<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034>.  If the problem is something messed up in your configuration, that will
>> remove the misconfiguration, then it's just a matter of re-configuring it
>> correctly.)
>>

> I don't believe it's an issue that would be resolved like that... he has
> reinstalled several versions of mythbuntu and mythtv, several times, on
> different hardware, and even on a different network.
>
> I suspect he is doing something during installation that is causing
> this... perhaps it's an issue with his mysql password, or the way he is
> partitioning, etc.... other than a SD account issue (and he even tried
> creating a new one and changing passwords... and the account works fine on
> his existing backend)... I can't find any other common element except the
> installation itself.
>

> You know I keep thinking it might be something silly I'm doing during
> install as well, but I just take all the defaults and as soon as it boots
> the first time I go in and try to add the lineup, I just don't see what I
> could be missing...

nothing unusual about your user account name or password on SD?  Perhaps
mythtv-setup doesn't like some characters that SD and mythfilldatabase
don't care about?  Mine username is my email address (all lower case, a
total of 15 chars) and it's never given me any trouble.  My password is
equally simple (no special characters or anything that might get filtered
out for any reason).