[mythtv-users] problems with tv_grab_uk_rt

John Taylor john at vetsurgeon.org.uk
Sun Oct 14 17:51:45 UTC 2012

I have been using tv_grab_uk_rt to get my programme details with no
problems for a few years. Just recently, a few shows' titles have
become truncated- this is causing WAF issues as it affects Strictly
Come Dancing!

e.g. Instead of "Strictly Come Dancing", I get ",5" so it isn't recorded.

Looking at the raw data on the Radio Times site, it seems to affect
listings like these:
Strictly Come Dancing~5, series 10...
Pointless Celebrities~1, series 3...
Strictly Come Dancing - It Takes Two~6, series 10...

but NOT
Antiques Road Trip~11/30, series 5...

i.e. only those shows without the episode count in the feed

I've tried turning off title processing and fiddling with xmltv rules
in prog_titles_to_process to no avail

I can't think of anything I did to change it except the backend
database got updated.

Posting here first before trying xmltv in case anyone else has had this problem

XMLTV module version 0.5.57
This is tv_grab_uk_rt version 1.286, 2010/04/21 05:24:40
MythTV Version : v0.25
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120408-1