[mythtv-users] Why is scheduler picking later recording slot?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 02:01:31 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Michelle Dupuis <mdupuis at ocg.ca> wrote:
> So why would Myth not record my 8-10pm show tonight?  Does this mean a
> showing ENDING at 10pm conflicts with a show STARTING at 10pm?

Are you sure it ends at 10pm?  In my listing service, it shows ending at
10:01 (one minute later).  That would push it into conflict territory.

While I understand not everyone has the luxury of multiple recording
devices, I really think most people should target at least the number of
concurrent channels they would every like to watch, plus one (for the
occasional liveTV or conflict resolution).  And even more if they tend
to (or prefer to) hard pad the shows (since a number of sources seem
incapable of using a correct UTC synced clock).

Gary