[mythtv-users] Cant FF or REW while recording

Otto, Stephen sotto at emsco.com
Tue Oct 16 19:45:21 UTC 2012

I am running a 0.26 FE/BE and a slave BE and a separate FE. I have two
tuners, one is a PVR150 in the BE and the other is a HDPVR on the slave
backend. System records fine but if I am having troubles watching a
recording while the recording is in progress from either tuner.

On the BE/FE, I can watch the recording just fine but can not fast forward
or rewind. Hitting fast forward brings up the OSD which show 0:01 of 0:01
and this never changes. As soon as the recording is complete, if I go back
to the menu and back to the recording, the whole system operates perfectly
including FF and REW.

On the remote FE, I can not watch a recording while it is recording at all.
Hitting play on a recording in process brings up an error screen that the
recording is not available. Once again however, as soon as the recording is
complete, I can watch it perfectly.

Any ideas?