[mythtv-users] Force mythtv to always use one input for a particular channel

Mary Strimel mary.strimel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 02:41:53 UTC 2012

Hello,
At my house, one OTA channel is *too strong*, causing reception
problems for that channel only.  I've fixed the problem, in a manner
of speaking, by attaching simple rabbit ears to the second tuner of my
HDHomerun and using it for that channel.

I want to force Mythtv to use Tuner0 for all recordings and Live tv,
EXCEPT for that one channel, where I want Mythtv to always use Tuner1.
 I wrote to this list a while back with this question, and someone
suggested that my desire was inherently flawed (I guess a real ace
would create one type of antenna that always works for all channels),
but I'm tired messing with antennas and just want to have mythtv
associate the tuners the way I want them.  I never watch more than one
channel at a time so I really don't care how many tuners I have
available.

Is there a way to make mythtv do this? Should I try to create two
different channel lineups, one of which omits that channel, the other
which only has that channel?  Or is there some easier way?
Thanks in advance,
Mary