[mythtv-users] Mythzoneminder and mmap

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sat Oct 20 18:16:38 UTC 2012

On 20/10/12 18:22, Greg Grotsky wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com
> <mailto:mythtv at sky.com>> wrote:
>
>     Nothing springs to mind at the moment. If you start it from the
>     command line with the --daemon switch removed does it print
>     anything to the console?
>

> I got it to spit stuff out but I have to remove the daemon switch as
> you suggested. When I do a "live view" now it prints a bunch of this
> in the mythzmlog:
>
> Processing: 'GET_LIVE_FRAME'
> Getting live frame from monitor: 2
> Processing: 'GET_LIVE_FRAME'
> Getting live frame from monitor: 2
> Processing: 'GET_LIVE_FRAME'
> Getting live frame from monitor: 2
> Processing: 'GET_LIVE_FRAME'
> Getting live frame from monitor: 2
> Processing: 'GET_LIVE_FRAME'
> Getting live frame from monitor: 2
>
> while the mythfrontend log spits out the errors I posted earlier.

OK I think the problem is you are using mmap in ZM and for some reason
mythzmserver has been compiled without mmap support. The mmap support is
conditionally compiled based on the value _POSIX_MAPPED_FILES which
according to the mmap man page should be defined in unistd.h on my
system it is actually defined in /usr/include/bits/posix_opt.h.

Wonder if we just need to add an include for unistd.h? Try adding
#include <unistd.h> to the top of zmserver.cpp.

Paul H.