[mythtv-users] Ignoring certain channels from certain inputs

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 18:36:24 UTC 2012

On 20 Oct 2012, at 19:28, Karl Dietz wrote:

> On 20.10.2012 19:58, Mark Greenwood wrote:
>> So, my question is, is it possible to configure the backend so it doesn't try
> > to use the Haupuage stick when I want to watch one of the channels that stick
> > has trouble with? I can't find a way to edit the channels list for one stick
> > independently of the other.
>
> this has just been discussed, see
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-October/341681.html

Thanks, I missed that by only a few days :) I'm not sure that works for me though
> > I'm assuming you're on 0.25 or 0.26...
> >
> > I would stay away from the priorities. Just use two video sources, one
> > per antenna. And configure them to just contain the channels that you
> > can receive without error. (it's all digital after all)
> > Look at callsign and channel number so it matches if its the same
> > channel.
> > If you like, configure the input order to be "big antenna first,
> > rabbit ears later". See
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.25#Scheduler
> > The scheduler will shuffle stuff around to make room for recordings
> > that can only be recorded on one input either way.
>
> This is definitely the easiest way--and likely is more what the OP
> wants.  By creating a Video Source without the troublesome channel, you
> would be making it impossible to record off that channel on the input
> using that Video Source.  The other input--which uses the other Video
> Source, that contains the channel--would be able to record off that channel.
So I have two video sources, one for each stick - that does make sense BUT doesn't that mean I'd then have a bunch of duplicate channels? I really don't want to get into that situation  - e.g. I want only one 'BBC1' despite the fact that both sticks can receive it. I'm unsure as to how mythtv handles this situation.

Thanks,
Mark