[mythtv-users] Ignoring certain channels from certain inputs

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Oct 22 10:27:45 UTC 2012

On 22/10/12 11:06, Mark Greenwood wrote:
> On 22 Oct 2012, at 10:49, Mike Perkins wrote:
>>
>> I, too get signals from three different transmitters, and all three are in
>> different BBC/ITV regions. I have to do almost as much work with the TV as
>> I do with my myth system in order to receive the correct local news.
>>
>> If I hadn't gained experience doing this for mythtv I probably would never
>> have realised what the TV was doing, and just put up with the wrong local
>> programming.
>
> I think you're probably right. One thing I learned from doing this is that my
> 'third' transmitter appears to actually be some kind of back-reflection or
> refraction of a good signal from my main transmitter - myth had one of the
> transports listed twice, but without a channel id in one instance. Deleting
> that one and rescanning made the troublesome channels all start working, even
> on the Haupauge stick that couldn't get them at all before. I shall now be
> looking more closely at my TV settings.
>
> Do you know how to relate the transport to the 'channel number' that my TV
> displays while tuning (e.g. 'Scanning channel 21', 'Scanning channel 22'
> etc)? That might be helpful information to get it to ignore the unwanted
> signals I'm getting from the Oxford transmitter.

I use this site: http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SU527568

Obviously, your information may vary.

The page is messy but all the information is there if you look hard enough. Each
mux (multiplex) has a name (or more than one name :)) and the channles it
carries are shown The information highlighted in green is the actual frequency
together with the 'channel number' which is the old analog channel, of course.

Lower down is a table (Transmission Frequencies) which lays out how the muxes
are organised. Good luck!

--

Mike Perkins