[mythtv-users] DVB HD tuners under linux?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 11:42:04 UTC 2012

To receive free view HD in the uk you require a dvb-t2 card. The only one I
am aware of that is supported is the pctv/pinnacle 290e. I have one of
these and it prior to ubuntu 1204 it required you to compile some bits. Now
it just works although it does freeze up occasionally requiring a reboot.
Also I don't think it likes the PC to be suspended although I seem to
recall a method to bring down the card gracefully before suspend and to
reinitialise it on resume which reportedly works

Hth

Please excuse brevity and pistakes as this email was composed on a mobile
phone.
Best regards,
Richard