[mythtv-users] Default Mythtv Version

Larry Roberts mythtv at american-hero.com
Mon Oct 22 16:27:35 UTC 2012

On 10/22/2012 10:52 AM, Scott Knight wrote:
> on 10/22/2012 10:22 AM Larry Roberts carved the following into a
> picnic table:
>> Is there an easy way I'm not thinking of to see what the version of
>> mythtv that will be installed?
> Depending on your version of yum (I don't have access to any
> RHEL/CentOS 5 machines to test with), you can use --releasever and
> --showduplicates to query the repository with list.  I would imagine
> something like this would be a good start:
> yum --releasever=6.3 --showduplicates list mythtv
unfortunately --releasever isn't an option for my version of yum...
>> Perhaps another way of asking the question would be how would you do an
>> upgrade from one server to another, while upgrading OS versions and
>> trying to maintain all your myth DB information?
> Easiest/safest way is to be able to upgrade the OS while keeping
> MythTV and MySQL versions the same and then upgrade those after
> verifying that everything works as expected on the new OS.
So your saying install the new machine, but install the older versions
of mythtv?  This is a new install and unfortunately an in place upgrade
from 5.8 doesn't appear to be supported, or at least thats my
understanding of what I have read.