[mythtv-users] Using mythvidexport.py

Lou Katz lou at metron.com
Mon Oct 22 21:45:56 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 09:00:59PM -0500, Jeremy Jones wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Lou Katz <lou at metron.com> wrote:
>
> > I made my first foray into user jobs with this, and it seems to work for
> > new
> > recordings. However, I have a whole bunch of older rcordings that I would
> > like
> > to move. I can see them fine in MythFrontend. Is there an easy way to find
> > the
> > %JOBID% so I can move them manually, or is there a way to apply the job to
> > something long since recorded?
> >
> > Working on setting this up myself.  Userjobs can be run from the menu on
> the recordings library.  navigate to 'job options' and select the userjob
> you set up.

Thanks. Got that far, but ...

I have recorded off the air 6 episodes of The Inspector Vivaldi Mysteries (MHz Network).
When I run the job(s), each one just replaces what is there in Videos. I looked at the
metadata, and there is nothing in the Season, Episode or Inetref fields.

The episode descriptions show an episode number, and I entered Season 1, Episode N in
each of the metadata screens, where N was the proper number (1 thru 6). No joy - it
continues to only create a single output file and each one overwrites the previous.

I tried to make up an Inetref entry. So far, either the above behavior remains unchanged,
or for some values of Inetref, nothing happens at all and the recording is not copied over.

However, if I run this from the command line, using --chanid and --starttime, it creates
directories in ../Television and separate files for each episode.

What am I missing?

For the record, I am running both backend and frontend version
	fixes/0.25 [1.0.25.2-15-g46eab93] on
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS with Qt 4.81