[mythtv-users] mythtranscode --mpeg2 lossless transcode broken in .26 - ticket #11090

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:19:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 7:24 AM, Scott Harris
<scott.harris0509 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yep, copying a 0.25 version of mythtranscode of the 0.26 version work
>>> good.
>

>> Hmm...does a frontend install have mythtranscode in it? Or is it just
>> in a backend install? Haven't upgraded a frontend I rarely use, so I
>> should fire that up when I get home.
>

> I just checked one of my frontend only machines and it was
> there..../usr/bin/mythtranscode.

Now I did a system update yesterday. The current backend mythtranscode
was dated October 22 but a test showed it still had that blocking
issue.

So...if I replace it with the .25 mythtranscode, won't it just get
written over by the next update?

Just curious as I don't know how the development works, but since it
was working since I was on .24, what would suddenly cause it to break
in .26?

I use it to cut commercials as I'm starting to get low on space, so
I'm really missing it right now!