[mythtv-users] Batch Download and Archive Recordings With Expanded File Names

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Oct 24 08:21:48 UTC 2012

I've come to prefer downloading recordings onto HDD's instead of adding
more and more drives for stuff I want to keep.  I connect an external
HDD up over the eSATA link (faster than over the LAN to a device and
leaves the LAN free for playback etc) and download recordings from
mythweb onto the HDD.

Its a bit of a pain though as it is done one by one this way, and the
file names often need distinguishing when form a series that are all the
same.

Is there a way to

1) Batch file download some recordings and set them to autoexpire

2) Expand the downloaded default file names from Title.mpg.mpg to
Title+Subtitle+Airdate.mpg

When an archive HDD is full I run:
sudo ls -R > printall.2TB#4.txt
to get a listing of what is on the HDD. I might dump those files into a
database ir similar for easy searching later on for the growing pile of
HDD's.

Can anyone suggest how to automate this some more?  With many thanks.