[mythtv-users] MythWeb 0.25 via MacPorts

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Wed Oct 24 15:02:23 UTC 2012

I just wanted to let the OS X users know that you can now install
MythWeb via MacPorts in addition to the core MythTV.  The port name
(unsurprisingly) is "mythweb.25".  Instructions are at:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythWeb_via_MacPorts

Remember to run 'sudo port selfupdate' to get the current list of
ports before starting the install.  Let me know if you experience any
problems.

Other MacPorts news:  the mythtv-core.25 port has been updated a
couple of times recently and seems to be working well.  A further
update to bring us up to the current 0.25-Fixes should be coming soon.

A port for the core 0.26 has been developed but we need resolution
for http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10890 (making mythlogserver
compatible with OS X).  We could run Myth without logging but it
would be really ugly trying to diagnose or solve any problems.

Craig