[mythtv-users] Suddenly all Upcoming Recordings vanished; DB Error?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 26 02:03:45 UTC 2012

On 10/24/2012 09:37 PM, Justin Smith wrote:
> I upgraded to 0.26 a couple of weeks ago and all has been well.
>
> Until last night. I noticed that a show I was expecting to record was
> not recording. A quick check showed that the guide data all appeared
> as per normal, and that all recording rules were still present, but
> the upcoming recording list was empty (normally has many entries). The
> scheduler was no longer matching recording rules to the guide data for
> some reason.
>
> I restarted the backend but that didn't change anything.
>
> Checking the backend log, I found the following at around the time the
> problem started:
>
> Oct 24 19:20:02 pooper mythlogserver: mythbackend[2068]: E Scheduler
> mythdb.cpp:183 (DBError) DB Error (AddNewRecords):#012Query
> was:#012SELECT     c.chanid,         c.sourceid,
> p.starttime,           p.endtime,        p.title,
> p.subtitle,            p.description,    c.channum,
> c.callsign,            c.name,           oldrecduplicate,
> p.category,            sched_temp_record.recpriority,
> sched_temp_record.dupin,   recduplicate,          findduplicate,
> sched_temp_record.type,        sched_temp_record.recordid,
> p.starttime - INTERVAL sched_temp_record.startoffset     minute AS
> recstartts,     p.endtime + INTERVAL sched_temp_record.endoffset
> minute AS recendts,
> p.previouslyshown,     sched_temp_record.recgroup,
> sched_temp_record.dupmethod,  c.commmethod,
> capturecard.cardid, cardinput.cardinputid,p.seriesid,
> p.programid,       sched_temp_record.inetref,    p.category_type,
>   p.airdate,         p.stars,             p.originalairdate,
> sched_temp_record.inactive, sched_temp_record.parentid,
> recordmatch.findid,     sched_temp_record.playgroup,
> oldrecstatus.recstatus,     oldrecstatus.reactivate, p.videoprop+0,
>       p.subtitletypes+0, p.audioprop+0,
> sched_temp_record.storagegroup,     capturecard.hostname,
> recordmatch.oldrecstatus,
> sched_temp_record.avg_delay,     oldrecstatus.future,
> cardinput.schedorder, c.recpriority + cardinput.recpriority +
> (cardinput.cardinputid = sched_temp_record.prefinput) * 2 AS
> powerpriority FROM recordmatch INNER JOIN sched_temp_record ON
> (recordmatch.recordid = sched_temp_record.recordid) INNER JOIN program
> AS p ON ( recordmatch.chanid    = p.chanid    AND
> recordmatch.starttime = p.starttime AND      recordmatch.manualid  =
> p.manualid ) INNER JOIN channel AS c ON ( c.chanid = p.chanid ) INNER
> JOIN cardinput ON (c.sourceid = cardinput.sourceid) INNER JOIN
> capturecard ON (capturecard.cardid = cardinpu
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to debug or fix this problem?

We'd need the lines around that one log line you posted to even guess.
(Well, I would--seems Jos has a reasonable guess even without them, but
if it doesn't pan out...)  That line only shows that the scheduler query
failed, but you're missing the line that says what the failure was in
that query.

Mike