[mythtv-users] Is this correct to get the GIT for 26 fixes?

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 05:38:06 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Mark <markhsa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want a script that goes out and gets/builds the latest 26 fixes.
> Is this the correct method?
>
> git clone -b fixes/0.26 git://github.com/MythTV/**mythtv.git<http://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git>
> git clone -b fixes/0.26 git://github.com/MythTV/**packaging.git<http://github.com/MythTV/packaging.git>
> git clone -b fixes/0.26 git://github.com/MythTV/**mythweb.git<http://github.com/MythTV/mythweb.git>
>
> Second question...
> How often is this updated?  Are the daily fixes that come out included in
> this above?

Mark, I have been building rpm on 0.26 for awhile.  My spec file was based
on Richard's rpmfusion version of it.  If you start from his version, it
should be simple:

The notes here might be useful:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Building_RPMS_from_Source

If you start with the rpmfusion mythtv.spec, you can build it easily.
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/17/SRPMS/repoview/mythtv.html

rpm -i mythtv.src.rpm
yum-builddep mythtv
cd /home/mythtv/rpm/SPECS
rpmbuild -bb --target=i686 mythtv.spec

Now, if you want to apply more new patches:
1. Create the repository:
git clone -b fixes/0.26 git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
(do this only once)

2. Update it, cd into it, then
git pull

3. Create patches file,
git diff -p --stat v0.26.0 > mythtv-0.26.0-fixes.patch

4. make sure your mythtv.spec has the lines referencing the patchfile
Patch0:    mythtv-0.26.0-fixes.patch

%patch0 -p1 -b .mythtv

5. update your release line in your spec, if you want to tag the rpm with a
different release
Release:        0.4%{?dist}

6. build again.
cd /home/mythtv/rpm/SPECS
rpmbuild -bb --target=i686 mythtv.spec

repeat, steps 2 to 6 (skipping 4 since you probably will use the same
patchfile), to get the latest in fixes.

You can keep an eye on the commits to see if there is anything worth
building,
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/fixes/0.26

For ubuntu, the mythbuntu team has setup nightly builds already, so it is
easy to grab the deb packages and just install them.  Kudos to the
mythbuntu team! I don't build deb packages.

i hope this helps.