[mythtv-users] Mytharchive error on 0.26

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Oct 28 11:11:54 UTC 2012

On 28/10/12 11:01, Jos Hoekstra wrote:

> Hmmmm, you're on to something here, they do differ(excluding my own edits) and I
> read further down that by default these are linked to /etc/mythtv/config.xml.
> However, both differ quite a lot from /etc/mythtv/config.xml and it seems that
> they're supposed to be different, added the LocalHostName to all and will have
> to see how that goes.
> After reboot it doesn't seem to improve the double filename-issue.
> Here's my edited ~/.mythtv/config.xml:
> <Configuration>
>    <UPnP>
>      <UDN>
>        <MediaRenderer>obscured</MediaRenderer>
>      </UDN>
>    </UPnP>
>    <LocalHostName>frontend</LocalHostName>
>    <Database>
>      <PingHost>1</PingHost>
>      <Host>192.168.1.5</Host>
>      <UserName>mythtv</UserName>
>      <Password>passwd</Password>
>      <DatabaseName>mythconverg</DatabaseName>
>      <Port>3306</Port>
>    </Database>
>    <WakeOnLAN>
>      <Enabled>0</Enabled>
>      <SQLReconnectWaitTime>0</SQLReconnectWaitTime>
>      <SQLConnectRetry>5</SQLConnectRetry>
>      <Command>echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'</Command>
>    </WakeOnLAN>
> </Configuration>
>
> and /etc/mythtv/config.xml:
> <Configuration>
>    <UPnP>
>      <MythFrontend>
>        <DefaultBackend>
>          <!--
> Set the <LocalHostName> hostname override below only if you want to use
> something other than the machine's real hostname for identifying settings
> in the database.  This is useful if your hostname changes often, as
> otherwise you'll need to reconfigure mythtv every time.
>
> NO TWO HOSTS MAY USE THE SAME VALUE
> -->
>          <LocalHostName>frontend</LocalHostName>
>          <DBHostName>192.168.1.5</DBHostName>
>          <DBUserName>mythtv</DBUserName>
>          <DBPassword>password</DBPassword>
>          <DBName>mythconverg</DBName>
>          <DBPort>3306</DBPort>
>        </DefaultBackend>
>      </MythFrontend>
>    </UPnP>
> </Configuration>
>
> If anyone sees anything wrong here, I'd like to know ;)

In the first one, the UPnP section stands alone. In the second, the UPnP section
wraps the database section. This might mean it *never* gets parsed properly
where it is needed.

This may be your problem. You also mention above:

"However, both differ quite a lot from /etc/mythtv/config.xml and it seems that
they're supposed to be different"

No, I don't think they are. These describe the *machine* to the backend. The
only time you would ever want these to be different is when you are doing some
special testing and need another host identifier or database username/password.
Make all ~/.mythtv be links to /etc/mythtv and this will ensure that your config
is consistent wherever you run from.

--

Mike Perkins