[mythtv-users] Move from Nvidia 220 to what card?

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Oct 30 08:19:45 UTC 2012

On 30 Oct 2012, at 03:35, Mark wrote:

> On 2012-10-29 7:21 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>> On 30 October 2012 10:03, Mark <markhsa at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have been using HDMI with a Nvidia 220 card for a couple of years quite
>>> nicely, but need to upgrade the card.
>> Why do you "need" to upgrade the card?
>>
>> Other than not supporting HD audio passthrough like DTS-HD MA, it's
>> still today an excellent choice for myth, better in fact than most
>> newer card when it comes to VDPAU

I noticed a small increase in shadow noise when I recently switched back to a GT220 from a GT430 after some problems with an Nvidia driver release but the lack of occasional random glitches was a welcome improvement. The 430 is good enough most of the time but not a true replacement for the 220, I'm using the 430 again but still looking for a glitch free HD audio capable equivalent.

Andre