[mythtv-users] Duplicate program ID - UK radio times data

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 16:26:01 UTC 2012

On 20 October 2012 19:21, Stephen Robertson <stephengrobertson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm seeing an issue where two shows are being given the same programme ID.
> Each week the Saturday night X-Factor show and the Sunday night results show
> seem to be given the same one. This is on ITV1 HD.
>
> I'm not sure at what stage the ids are generated, whether by the data
> source, the grabber or myth?

An update on this issue for "The X Factor" watchers:

The problem has been reported upstream by our listings providers to
try and get the X Factor results show renamed, due to the clashing
programme numbering (reported above) and the fact that ITV themselves
apparently treat the shows as separate entities (unlike Strictly on
BBC1).

In the meantime, I have put a fixup in place for recent XMLTV/uk_rt
users to automatically rename the results show to "The X Factor:
Results" whenever the grabber sees a programme with title "The X
Factor" and subtitle "The X Factor Results".

This should mean that duplicate detection should now work properly
*BUT* you will need to create a new recording rule for this new title
unless you're using a title/power rule to record anything with "X
Factor" in the title.

Let me know of any problems,

Cheers,
Nick