[mythtv-users] Ideas to diagnose one faulty DVB-T adapter (on a dual adapter USB stick)

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Oct 31 15:03:36 UTC 2012

On 31/10/12 14:06, Dan Gravell wrote:
> Thanks for your advice.
>
> Going back to your first response, I did originally try the MythTV tools
> (via mythtv-setup) but scanning the first adapter failed with no
> channels, the second worked. So similar to using scan, and it's easier
> to copy+paste the output from scan so I referenced that...
>
> I'm pretty sure both worked a few months back. What I didn't say
> previously is that at one point in between then and now my young puppy
> managed to get behind my home server, toppling it. One of the USB
> sockets was ripped out but otherwise the server seemed to work fine. I
> didn't check the tuner, so maybe this was a casualty. I guess I'm
> wondering if some sort of physical damage might cause these errors.
>
> Currently I have removed the first adapter from Input Cards and that
> seems to work for now. Shame I'm missing extra recording capability though.
>
> Dan

It seems twoflower is VLC version 2.  I just tried it with my DVB-T USB
device, having quit mythtv.  Media > Open capture device > Capture mode
TV(Digital) lets you select the adapter number and specify mux frequency
and Bandwidth (8 kHz).  Mine worked first time on both adapters of this:
dmesg | grep usb

  9.888261] dvb-usb: TwinHan AzureWave AD-TU700(704J)

I didn't try hard to see if I could receive two muxes simultaneously,
though.

If you were able to try that it might provide another datapoint. Since
the above post dates from July it might reflect a fairly recent update.