[mythtv-users] Why when I do a Video update does it look for metadata in the default storage group ?

ajp at cantabrian.co.nz ajp at cantabrian.co.nz
Sat Sep 1 09:50:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks to an excellent pointer from Raymond I am trying to use .mxml
metadata files when scanning my new video contents. It seems a great way to
add custom metadata somewhat automatically.

When I do a "Scan For Changes" in "Videos" it notices if I have a .mxml with
the same base name as the video and starts to read the .mxml. Unfortunately
it crashes or at least complains it is corrupt, unless it can find another
copy of the .mxml file in the root of the default storage directory.

I don't understand why it should do this and I don't understand why it
should not be happy unless it sees another copy of the .mxml file. I am
thinking maybe I need to configure something so it knows about the base of
the Videos or just maybe there is a bug somewhere ?

If anyone can explain why this is happening that would be good. If someone
could tell me how to tell it not to look in the default storage location
that would be even better.

Any help is much appreciated.