[mythtv-users] Get errors on one show's metadata grab

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Sat Sep 1 12:13:45 UTC 2012

Ian,
     I did some checking and I think the issue is with the XML that
thetvdb.com is returning with their API (not from their web site). Here
is the URL that ttvdb.py uses to get all episodes of "The Daily Show
with Jon Stewart" 71256:
http://www.thetvdb.com/api/0BB856A59C51D607/series/71256/all/en.xml

Try that URL out in a browser and you will get an error which ttvdb.py
traps and then returns nothing to MythTV.

Here is the same URL for the "The Forgotten" 94981 series and you will
see the returned XML has no errors.
http://www.thetvdb.com/api/0BB856A59C51D607/series/94981/all/en.xml

I read a few days ago that thetvdb.com is moving to a new cache server
and there will likely be some issues. There is nothing that MythTV can
do about this problem. This same move caused a lot of response issues
during this past week.