[mythtv-users] Logging question

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 02:07:08 UTC 2012

On 09/02/2012 04:01 PM, Stephen Robertson wrote:
 > I am trying to investigate a problem with mythvidexport.py and in the
> process was looking at this new logging.  It took me a while to get
> the output from mythvidexport into a log file. (First I heard of
> rsyslog was an hour ago)
>
> I think the reason is that the "mythvidexport.py" portion is the
> PROGRAMNAME rather than the first characters of msg
>
> Adding this to what was in the wiki:
>
> $template vidExport,"%TIMESTAMP% %HOSTNAME% %PROGRAMNAME% %msg%\n"
> if $syslogfacility-text == 'local7' and $PROGRAMNAME startswith
> 'mythvidexport.py' then
> /var/log/mythtv-syslog/mythvidexport.log;vidExport
> & ~

Hi;

Well, 1st, OOPS --- the traditional directory is /var/log/mythtv,
not mythtv-syslog (I use --logpath, not --syslog and was just
testing in a different directory.) The Wiki is corrected, so thanks.

Asked on the -users channel and the author explained that
*currently*, the Python bindings don't use mythlogserver.

I added the solution to the Wiki that Anthony Messina wrote in this
thread as a catch-all for any 'non-mythlogserver' programs.

If you'd like to test that for your case, it would be great, as
the only copy of mythvidexport.py I could find was for 0.24.

--
Bill