[mythtv-users] Anyone using VNC on CentOS 6?

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Sep 5 01:26:27 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-04 7:57 PM, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> So Jay, Jerry, Ben, how do you get access to mythfrontend and not
> mythtv-setup? What happens when you want to access the screens on the
> frontend so you can type in some values? That's the main point of my
> setup.

2 modes:

1: Cygwin/X (on winXP SP3/32bit) in full XDMCP allows me to run Mythfrontend on my Windows PC -- BUT I DO NOT use it to watch TV or control the system more than editing library stuff. The machine this is running on is a Master back-end only.

2: I run Cygwin/X on the same machine but NOT in a full XDMCP session. I use "export DISPLAY" to the my WinXP PC and run Mythfrontend as well.
If I "su - root" and then set the display accordingly and then run mythtvsetup, that works too.

  -Ben