[mythtv-users] What CPU for HLS transcode performance

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 12:47:23 UTC 2012

Of course it would be better if an 3rd gen ipad would deign to play 1080i
h264 directly but I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

> Thanks
>
> Andre

There's an app I use on my iPad 3 called EX Player HD. I use it to stream
from SMB shares - When I stream an H.264 1080p Blu-Ray rip, AND that rip is
in MP4 format, I have the option to use the native iPad movie player app,
which uses hardware decoding and the movie plays without issue. I know this
doesn't pertain to Myth directly but I just wanted to mention that the
technology is out there.