[mythtv-users] What is commflag "exit status 140"?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 01:44:25 UTC 2012

On 09/06/2012 07:44 PM, Doug Lytle wrote:
 > Do I have to enable this, or should the core files be in /tmp?  If so, I don't see any.

Hi;

Look at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Getting_a_core_file . Note
that you need to use:  ulimit -c unlimited. If the backend is executing
mythcommflag, then ulimit gets added before mythbackend is run in your
startup script. If you're running commflag from the command line, then
you can add ulimit to .bashrc or .profile etc.

*buntu users will find that /etc/init/apport will overwrite entries
made in /etc/sysctl.d for kernel.core_pattern putting the core files in
/usr/share/apport/apport. This can be disables in /etc/default/apport.

--
Bill