[mythtv-users] Mythtv UI and Playback much too dark, colors out of balance

Jeremy Crandell cymerej at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 03:07:21 UTC 2012

Thank you for the response, Mike.  I searched the archive for "studio colors" and read through the threads.  I do agree that it seems that the values being passed to the TV for black are out of range.  I have used the nVidia-Settings tool to change the color space between YCbCr444, RGB-Full, and RGB-Limited.  I could not see a change in video playback for any of these settings.  And, as I mentioned in the first post, the color looks fine if I play the content back in VLC.  I know its not the recording source because I can transfer the recording to a different PC and the playback colors are fine.  You had mentioned that I needed to get the settings of MythTV and the Drivers properly configured to work together.  I know where to make the changes in the Driver.  Where do I make the changes in MythTV.  I can't seem to find anything in the wiki explaining the settings.  I'm probably just not searching with the right terms.  Any help would be
 appreciated.

Jeremy C