[mythtv-users] DVB-T card

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 17:05:39 UTC 2012

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hardware_Device_Information

>So I ask the question here, If you where buying a DVB-T card today,
>which would you buy, one that would work out of the box?

Well I'm not planning on buying another one for a while, and to a
certain extent I'm waiting for DVB-T2 PCIe tuner support to settle
down. There are very few such devices, and Linux support is a bit
patchy at the moment - but the TBS6280 looks promising once the
drivers are settled.

In my current box I have a couple of Hauppauge HVR-1200 cards in PCIe
slots - they work straight out of the box (you just need to fetch the
firmware file for them). My previous box had an HVR 1300 PCI card
which also worked out of the box.

If I *had* to buy a new tuner today, it would probably be the
nanoStick T2 290e - partly because I don't have any slots free, and
partly because it looks to be about the first fully support T2 tuner.

>Much of the information/recommendations are of cards which vendors
>do not stock any more or are unavailable.
>Sadly the hardware sites for Mythtv are so out of date.

The LinuxTV Wiki is fairly up to date.

--
Simon Hobson