[mythtv-users] Frontend taking Extraordinarily Long to Load

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 19:14:10 UTC 2012

On 09/09/2012 01:22 PM, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:
 > Now, however the frontend I was playing with to get a log file sample of the frontend starting isn't logging to /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log
> (though it is to the db).  I had removed mythfrontend.log and run "sudo install -m0644 -o syslog -g adm /dev/null
> /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log" to try and get a fresh log file with a fresh startup but nothing is logging to it.  htop shows the frontend
> process as running "mythfrontend.real --syslog local7" which should cause logging to the log file, shouldn't it?

Hi;

/var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log suggests that while on 0.25 you had
used (or your distribution used) something like:

   http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Simple_rsyslog_Configuration

If so, did you do the "2nd half" of that page? With 0.26
the program name will be mythlogserver for myth* programs
(slight lie, python bindings logging don't use the log
server yet.)

Without the above, output would be in var/log/syslog.
Or, maybe you just need to: sudo restart rsyslog.

--
Bill