[mythtv-users] What is commflag "exit status 140"?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 00:36:39 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> Jim Stichnoth wrote:
>>
>> If you could arrange to get a core file and
>> use gdb to get a stack trace, you would probably find the crash within
>> ffmpeg code.  If it's not crashing every time, it's probably due to
>> the code acting on uninitialized data
>
> Jim,
>
> I have followed the instructions provided by Bill and have the output from
> the core file (26KB), should I open a ticket and attach it there?
>
> Thanks!

Doug,

A ticket with the stack trace could definitely be useful.  But as I
mentioned, a low-level ffmpeg library problem that results from a
noisy recording will be tough to fix.

If my suspicion is right and uninitialized data is involved, it should
show up when you manually run valgrind on mythcommflag:
  valgrind --leak-check=no --track-origins=yes /path/to/mythcommflag options...
The valgrind output could also be useful in a ticket.

Uninitialized data is a good explanation (though not the only one)
when there are intermittent failures on the same input.

Jim