[mythtv-users] MythMusic 0.25 Questions

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Mon Sep 10 13:06:13 UTC 2012

On 10/09/2012 9:04 PM, Adam Skinner wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> The new version of mythmusic in 0.25 is causing me a few issues, If
> anyone could help answer the questions below I would appreciate it.
>
> * In the older version, the A-Z artist list could be separated into
> groups of letters , such as ABC , DEF , GHI etc. Is there anyway to do
> this in the new version?
>
> * I love the gallery view , browse by album.  Where basically you have
> a grid of album covers.  In the gallery view for artists , I'd like to
> use these same album covers for the artists. Is there an easy way to
> do this?
>
> * Playlists , I have a main mythbuntu BE/FE  and some network booting
> mythbuntu FEs.  Any playlist I make on one of the machines doesn't
> seem to show up on the others. Any playlist I make using mythweb also
> doesn't show up on any of them. As Im quite confident with MySQL so
> had a look in the database  - the music_playlists table.
> Playlists from a FE dont have any songs in playlist_songs field.
> Playlists from Mythweb do have songs in the playlist_songs field.
> Comma separated list of ids.
> Does anyone which way is correct? Any tips of making things work
> correctly?

Playlists are only loaded when MythFrontend is started, so if you
create/edit a playlist on one frontend (or mythweb), you will need to
restart the other frontend before it will see the changes.  Also note
that if you use MythFrontend to create/edit a playlist, it does not get
written to the database unless MythFrontend is closed properly.