[mythtv-users] Remote Control MythMusic

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Mon Sep 10 16:04:42 UTC 2012

On 10.09.2012 17:17, Greg G. wrote:

> If that's really not possible, then what alternatives to MythMusic could
> I be starting to look into? What I really need is this:

asking on the MythTV list what you could use instead is unlikely to
produce the responses you are looking for (we are here because we think
MythTV is the best solution for our use cases)

> - now playing info
> - select any one of N preset playlists
> - append/replace tracks from library to current playlist
> - LCDproc support
> - lirc support
> - low profile package dependency&  ALSA output (I'm running Mythbuntu
> and would hate to pull in all of Gnome (gstreamer, pulse), not even
> speaking of KDE).
> - Android remote controll App

what you are looking for sounds like finishing the DLNA media renderer
in mythfrontend and a decent DLNA control point application (aka remote
control) and mythbackend serving the music via DLNA.

Many parts of that are already done but the whole integration is
missing.

You might want to look into MPD or Squeezebox for other solutions.

Regards,
Karl