[mythtv-users] FW: Where is the text on the Videos buttons defined - is it configurable

ajp at cantabrian.co.nz ajp at cantabrian.co.nz
Tue Sep 11 00:50:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am running a Myth 0.25 backend on Fedora 16 and frontends on F16 also.

I have rapidly been coming to the same conclusion as you. The fact that you are the only one who replied suggested it was not possible or more likely hardly anyone has tried to tinker with it.

Looking at the C code this routine seems to be proof it’s non-configurable:

{

        if (((*entry)->getData()->GetSeason() > 0) ||

                 ((*entry)->getData()->GetEpisode() > 0))

        {

            QString seas = QString::number((*entry)->getData()->GetSeason());

            QString ep = QString::number((*entry)->getData()->GetEpisode());

            QString title = (*entry)->getData()->GetTitle();

            QString subtitle = (*entry)->getData()->GetSubtitle();

            if (ep.size() < 2)

                ep.prepend("0");

            QString displayTitle = QString("%1 %2x%3 - %4").arg(title).arg(seas)

                                                           .arg(ep)

                                                           .arg(subtitle);

            if (src->getName() == title)

                displayTitle = QString("%2x%3 - %4").arg(seas).arg(ep)

                                                       .arg(subtitle);

            AddFileNode(dst, displayTitle, (*entry)->getData());

The path I am going down is running “mythutil –scanvideos” to scan the videos I have added. Then I run a perl script that updates the videometadata table directly and then I am working on a custom theme. I would really like to do things “by the book” and keep it to the existing Myth standards but it doesn’t look like I have much choice.

Thanks for your feedback though.

IMHO it's not configurable by the theme - I also failed to alter it.

You don't mention your version/theme but the actual text widget for 0.25/MythCenter is the common one at  <https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/themes/MythCenter/base.xml> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/themes/MythCenter/base.xml #160. <template> tags don't seem to work in this case.

The relevant code is  <https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/videolist.cpp> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/videolist.cpp #602

You'll have to reset episode, season & subtitle to achieve your aim.