[mythtv-users] MythTV on Android

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Sep 11 16:47:33 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
> It would still be a multi-hour process (in which the android client
> would need to keep a connection to the backend for the entire time).

Probably not.  MythExport jobs go in the job queue.  They don't start
until other things in the queue get done.  If there are three
commercial scanning jobs pending, the transcode may not begin for an
hour.  That's what leads to the multi-hour wait in some cases.

With http live streaming, my understand is that this starts immediately.

Basically, I'd like to see MythTV for Android use the same mechanism
it currently uses to pull the recording over, but rather than feed the
data to BS Player or whatever, just save it to local storage.  I
supposed this could be done externally to MythTV for Android by
writing another app that appears to be a video player but saves the
data to storage instead, but that seems sort of silly.

Eric